- 2.Regardless of the installation option you choose:
- The node requires staging space - assume a number of concurrent export and store tasks and multiply it by the biggest VM size (for example: 6 export tasks + 4 store tasks * 100 GB should require around 1 TB)
- vProtect is installed in the
/opt/vprotectfolder and staging space is assumed to be in
/vprotect_data- these are the defaults and should not be changed.
- 4.Add your Hypervisor(s) or Hypervisor Manager(s) and initiate the index to retrieve a list of VMs, storage etc.:
- by indexing Hypervisor Manager (RHV/oVirt/OLVM/Oracle VM/Nutanix Prism) you'll have hypervisors added automatically. Other hypervisors need to be entered one by one (KVM/Xen/Citrix Hypervisor/XCP-ng/Proxmox VE)
- 5.Set up the backup provider: