Proxmox environments require backup storage to be defined on each server. This storage must be a location accessible from Storware Backup & Recovery Node (the simplest setup, when you use only 1 node, is to create NFS share for the staging path on Storware Backup & Recovery Node).
- 1.Create storage from NFS share (Content-type: VZDump)
- The export share must be set to use the UID and GID of the
- Example export configuration in
/etc/exportsto the selected hypervisor in the RHV cluster:/vprotect_data PROXMOX_HOSTS(fsid=6,rw,sync,insecure,all_squash,anonuid=993,anongid=990)where
anongid=990should have the correct UID and GID returned by command:[root@vProtect3 ~]# id vprotectuid=993(vprotect) gid=990(vprotect) groups=990(vprotect)
- Both import and export operations will be done using these NFS shares – restore will be done directly to this storage domain, so you can easily import the backup into the Proxmox environment
- Backups must be restored to the export path (the node automatically changes the names to the original paths that are recognized by Proxmox).
- The name for storage must be provided later in the node configuration (
Hypervisor -> Proxmox)section.
- 1.Prepare the VMA extractor on Storware Backup & Recovery Node - you have 2 options:
- Build a VMA extractor like this (requires Internet on the node):cd /opt/vprotect/scripts/vma./setup_vma.sh
- Download the VMA extractor from the Storware FTP (in the Add-ons directory) and install it.cd /opt/vprotect/scripts/vma./setup_vma.sh PATH_TO_VMA_ARCHIVE