Relax and Recover
To create a new application for R&R database backup, go to the tab: Applications -> Instances
Then select the Create button. The Creating an Application Definition section will be displayed, which needs to be completed.
This is a description of how your script is going to be invoked - you need to specify:
- Name - unique name of the application in the vProtect system
- Choose Node Config - select which node should perform the task
- Backup policy - specify which backup policy should be used for this application
In the SSH access subtab, complete the following fields:
- Host - set the address of the host where the MySQL instance exists
- Port - set the host port
- User - indicate a user for connecting to the ssh
- Password - enter the connection password
- SSH key path - alternatively you can specify the ssh key path for authorization
After saving the changes to the application, you need to configure the environment variables in the settings section of your application as needed.
When using the built-in script for database backup, define:
- VP_REAR_OUTPUT - Defines where the rescue image should be sent
- VP_REAR_LOGFILE - Path to the target server, where vProtect can place the log file from the backup job.
- VP_REAR_MOUNTPATH - Path where the NFS directory will be mounted
- VP_REAR_STOREPATH - Path to the Relax and Recover server, where vProtect can place the backup file.
- VP_REAR_METHOD - Relax and Recover backup method
- VP_REAR_RETENTION - Number of days to keep the copy
- VP_REAR_NFSSERVER - IP address of the NFS server
- VP_REAR_SCRIPTPATH - Path to the target server, where vProtect can place and execute the backup script.