To create a new application for DB2 database backup, go to the tab: Applications -> Instances
Then select the Create button. The Creating an Application Definition section will be displayed, which needs to be completed.
This is a description of how your script is going to be invoked - you need to specify:
- Name - unique name of the application in the vProtect system
- Choose Node Config - select which node should perform the task
- Backup policy - specify which backup policy should be used for this application
In the SSH access subtab, complete the following fields:
- Host - set the address of the host where the MySQL instance exists
- Port - set the host port
- User - indicate a user for connecting to the ssh
- Password - enter the connection password
- SSH key path - alternatively you can specify the ssh key path for authorization
After saving the changes to the application, you need to configure the environment variables in the settings section of your application as needed.
When using the built-in script for database backup, define:
- VP_DB2_INCREMENTAL - if backup should be incremental on the DB2 server, then please type "Yes". Otherwise, vProtect will create a full backup
- VP_DB2_DBLIST - a comma separated list of database names to back up
- VP_DB2_SCRIPTPATH - the path to the DB2 server where vProtect can place and execute the backup script
- VP_DB2_PASSWORD - password to the DB2 user database
- VP_DB2_COMPRESS - if backup should be compressed on the DB2 server, then please type "Yes"
- VP_DB2_LOGFILE - path to the DB2 server where vProtect can place the log file from the backup job
- VP_DB2_USER - login username to DB2
- VP_DB2_STOREPATH - the path to the DB2 server where vProtect can place the backup file